Friday, June 3, 2011

Ridin' Solo

So with Melissa moving to the D, my bus/bike commutes have taken a solo turn. It worked out this morning as there was another bus/biker heading downtown on the 8:15am SMART 460. He totally helped me out by putting my bike on the bus-bike-rack for me and as he was doing this, I realized he was a dead ringer for Danny DeVito. I mean, uncanny - I was about ready to seriously start quoting 'Twins'. (ok, ok just for our fans - "money talks and bullshit walks! how can bullshit walk??") After getting on the bus, he promptly sat down, started reading his copy of 'Neo-Bohemia: Art and Commerce in the Postindustrial City' (and yes I totally looked that up on Amazon because I'm that fascinated by people, and yup, a little creepy like that), and furiously taking notes about what he was reading - all while enjoying a few pick-me-up 5-hour energy drinks.

I definitely miss commuting with Melissa, but ridin' solo definitely causes even more 'you-can't-make-it-up-amazing-yet-people-are-so-kind' interactions with other local bus/bike commuters! Stay tuned :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, shows your sadness not being with melisa, shows your cool creepiness, and has the common theme of the whole blog series

    ReplyDelete